Thursday, June 3, 2010

Confessions of a Selfish Mother

Yesterday, I used a merchandise credit at Belk's to buy myself some flip flops. While my kids ran up and down the escalators in the center of the store, I leisurely tried on different styles, standing on one foot and then the other, to find just the right shoes I wanted.

The reason this is a confession of a selfish mom is because a) I didn't really need flip-flops. In fact, I had perfectly good ones on my feet when I walked into the store. They were just showing their age a bit. The other reason b) is that the merchandise credit that I used to buy the flip-flops was from returning some shirts that my mother-in-law had bought for the boys. Yes, I am stealing money from my children to buy myself frivolous footwear.

They were totally worth it.  In fact, they are on my feet right now and it makes me happy just to look down at them.

No comments: