Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Top Five Things I Hate...Currently:

Well, if you're grumpy, you've come to the right place.  Forget trying to stay upbeat! postive! empowered!  Come with me and wallow in self-pity.  It is a great place if you like sweatpants, stomach aches from too much ice-cream, and lethargy. 

Last night Will was complaining about having to go to school for the 1, 986, 458th time, and I suggested he remember the verse about not arguing or complaining.

"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life …"
--Philippians 2:14-16a

My angel baby husband then suggested, that I, too, could stand to remember that verse.  Well!  I bit my tongue, but let me tell you, I was mentally making a list of some Scripture that he would do well to incorporate into his life!  This little exchange took the whole "spiritual battle" concept to a completely different level for me!  But, he does have a point.  I'm quite the whiner.  Anyway, I think we're supposed to battle evil, not our husbands.  Sometimes I get the two confused.

So where was I?  Oh, that's right, making a list of top 5 things I hate.  That's not complaining, is it?  Alright, it is, I guess.  Well, now I don't have a blog entry.  Here's some things I love instead:

1. Jack waving to me in the bleachers while he's supposed to be playing basketball.

2. Cardinals at the bird feeder.

3. Apples and pumpkins!

4. College football.

5. Fuzzy blankets.

1 comment:

Nathan G. Thomas said...

I'm glad Will has the gumption to stand his ground, though he's walking a fine line.