Wednesday, April 7, 2010

satisfied

Psalm 16:1-3, 5-6, 11

1 Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge.
I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
I have no good apart from you.”
As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones,
in whom is all my delight.
The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup;
you hold my lot.
The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.
11 You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

John Calvin says in his commentary Heart Aflame: Daily Readings from Calvin on the Psalms  on verse eleven of Psalm sixteen,
When God is reconciled to us, we have all things which are necessary to perfect happiness.  True and solid joy in which the minds of men may rest will never be found anywhere else but in God; and therefore, none but the faithful, who are contented with his grace alone, can be truly and perfectly happy.

God is good.  Rest in Him, for there is no other rest to be found.

No comments: