Thursday, September 30, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

Hello Friends and Fellow Overwhelmed Mamas,

I have just put supper in the oven to bake and thought I would share one of my favorite recipes with you.  It's called Easy Chicken Pot Pie, and if you have a rotisserie chicken, a can opener and a refrigerator, you can make this for your family tonight!  Here it is:

  • 1 can cream of potato soup (I use cream of whatever-I-have-in-the-pantry, and it always still tastes good)
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can mixed vegetables
  • 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed (I use more than this for a deep-dish pot pie)
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning (sometimes I don't have this on hand, so I just skip it)
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 refrigerated pie crusts
Mix up everything except for the pie shells.  Put one pie shell in a pie plate, and then add the chicken mixture.  Top with the second pie shell and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes (slit the top crust to let the steam escape).  Easy-peasy-shampoo-squeezy!

It tastes like Grandma made it!  Toss a salad and add some crusty bread and supper is done, with about 10 minutes of preparation.

You can thank Vickie Margene, one of my favorite high school teachers, for this lovely concoction.  When Justin and I were engaged, one of my high school friends hosted a wedding shower and everyone brought a recipe on a recipe card.  Then the hostess put them all in a cookbook for me.  What a sweet (and useful) keepsake!  I'm still thankful for it, fifteen years later.  My sister was a junior in college at the time and here's her recipe card:


No comments: