Monday, January 2, 2012

January 1

On the first day of 2012, my resolution is to pursue God.

I will not always do this very well, but this truth is what I will cling to:

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. (Philippians 1:6 ESV)

God began a good work in me when He first adopted me as his daughter, bought back from sin and death at a steep price.

It is easy to spend most of one's day only noticing the bad, the wrong, the inconvenient, the brokenness of our world. It is also easy to not notice anything at all, but just to go through our hours in a flurry of busy tasks, either completely on autopilot or too stressed to see people or beauty or anything besides the next task to be completed.

Instead, let's take to heart Phillipians 4:8...

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

And not only think about these things, but look for them as we go about our lives. Look for God entering into our daily business, see him responding to our praises and petitions. I would like to open my eyes in 2012 and see Jesus more clearly.
as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:18 ESV)

No comments: