Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Night Pre-Ops

Well, we are in Georgetown.  The traffic driving to Charleston this afternoon was crazy!  I was driving, which to me is infinitely preferable to riding shotgun when you're stuck in traffic.  Justin evidently thought so too, because he said his head was hurting from being so stressed out.
We got our race packets, got to Mom and Dad's after fighting every traffic light in Mt. Pleasant, and loaded up on some great pasta that Sam had prepared.  Then Justin realized we had left Will and Jack's suitcase in Spartanburg.  Hope they like the clothes they are in right now because they'll be wearing them until Thursday!
So we are planning on leaving at 5:45 tomorrow morning to find a place to park in Mt. Pleasant.  The race starts at 8 a.m. but who knows how long it will take us to find a place to park.  It's supposed to be 45 degrees tomorrow at the start!  Yikes!  If I had been training in Boone I would be totally ready but Spartanburg is not quite so chilly.  I'll puff my albuterol; I'm sure I'll be fine.  At least, I'm not Mom, who will have five kids to take care of for most of the day.  And two of them will be naked since they ran out of clothes!

No comments: