Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday Day 1 Spring Break

Today started at midnight.  Like it always does, I guess, but this time I actually was awake to witness it.  We had just finished watching The Men Who Stare At Goats, a DVD that was mildly funny but I don't know if I would recommend it.  Went to bed and woke up again around 4 am to a terrific thunderstorm.  We kept waiting for little people to run screaming into our bedroom, but they either slept through it or hunkered down in their sleeping bags. 

Finally rolled out around 8 am - God bless MaJo (my mom) who feeds the grandchildren breakfast and lets us sleep in as long as we want, and lounged until 10 am or so when Mom and I took a handful of grandkids and Ford in the stroller for a walk around the neighborhood.  We walked for about an hour, and then took a quick shower and drove to Market Common in Myrtle Beach for lunch and a movie.  We saw How to Train Your Dragon, which was a very fun movie.  Emma sat in between her cousins Maddie and Katy and I sat with Will and his cousin Mason.  I tend to hit the person next to me at sporting events and movies during high stress moments, and I ended up smacking Will on the legs a few times accidentally.  I don't think he appreciated it.  I have hit total strangers at football and baseball games and had to apologize later for it.  It is instinctive and I cannot control it.  Hint: Never sit on my left if things are about to get tense.

Now it's 10:30 p.m., and I am about to go school some women in nertz, a sort of high speed solitaire game that is so fun if you're winning and frustrating if you are losing.  Gotta go!

No comments: